Now that we've been in our house for a few years and have worked through the last of the building projects (so far), I cleaned the house top to bottom. I ditched anything we haven't been using that could go and organized every room. I'm a bit OCD, what can I say.
As part of that effort, I've been going through all of the scraps of fabric and unfinished projects around my craft area to figure out what can be used or completed.
Over the last couple of days I assembled another one of the ornaments. This one is from Katrina H on the Fair Squares exchange blog. She sent me the squares in June. The ribbon and jingle bells came along with her package. The red ribbon around the edges was some of the oddities I received from the stitching retreat in March. I'm looking forward to hanging it on my tree this winter.
In addition to that finish I also pulled out a project that I was doodling on last year sometime. This little hearts was a freebie from The Workbasket. I messed around with some special stitches. The light pink are Rice Stitch varations, the medium pink are X-stitches on the outside of the heart and a variation on the Smyrna cross in the middle. There are also little backstitched boxes surrounding the Smyrna stitches. The dark magenta stitches are Algerian Eyes. I'm backstitching the border and will likely back it when I'm done.
I have a few more projects in the queue for finishing. I'd like to make draft dodgers out of a couple of them, but I haven't quite worked out the mechanics on those. I think I'll need to get new fabric for the backing on those. In the mean time, I'm working on a bunch of little projects while I get through the summer crunch. Soon I hope I'll be back to my big projects.
This work is licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.