This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Monday, April 21, 2008

A Full Weekend

Wow - the weather was great this past weekend. Good news for getting out in the yard and on the bike; bad news for stitching. Despite the bike rides, nature walks, stick tossing and visiting with neighbors I was able to make some progress with the stitching. I'm hoping to get photos up this evening.

I made it through the "N" on Kitty Cat Row. I think I can get that one done before the end of the week.

I also finished off a little free chart I got from the retreat. It's a flower pot with hearts growing out of it.

I found another WIP that I forgot I had - the letter "I" from the large alphabet series I'm working on.

I started looking through my stash to figure out how to better organize it. Then I gave up and decided instead that I should just keep stitching because that will mean less to organize (yeah, right). I really do need to get the stuff that's littering the couch under some sort of control. I think my husband misses sitting there.

And now for a meme:
1) How do you hold your fabric? Frame - q-snaps are nifty; scroll bars work too
2) Floss licker? no
3) How do you thread your needle? make a loop and slide through the eye
4) What needle do you like best? 26
5) Are you a needle loser? no way, the animals could eat them
6) What fabric do you prefer to stitch on? Whatever's best for the project
7) Bobbins or floss bags? floss bags and piles
8) Are you a scissors collector? not so much, only have a few and that's OK
9) Do you do your own framing, and if so, do you lace or pin? too busy stitching to frame
10) Are you a floss floozy? only ever so slightly, I have more of a problem with fabrics ;-)
11) Silk? I've used it. *shrug*
12) Railroader? sometimes, now that I've gotten the hang of it I find myself doing it without thinking, but only on the top stitch
13) Are you a pattern or designer snob? nope
14) Do you get antsy when you give someone a stitched gift? depends on who it is
15) Have you reached S.A.B.L.E.? hells yeah
16) Do you wash your projects? rarely, I just don't get them dirty

No comments: