This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Finished All Retreat Class Projects +1

I ended up taking the day off yesterday. There was a delay in the project, so I decided not to waste time. Instead I stayed home to stitch ;-). I was able to organize all of the stash I got at the retreat, clean the house up a bit (yay for mud season) and finish off this...The left side shows the front of the piece and the right shows the back. Lori of La-D-Da customized the project for our retreat. It was a fun project that showed me how much I need to take a machine sewing class. It looked a ton better after I added the cord, but I have some seriously lumpy heat ;-).

Yesterday I also started a sampler by The Sunflower Seed. It went really fast! I was able to complete it a little while ago. The piece calls for two colors, but I ran out of the Pelican Grey I used for the letters. I probably would have had enough to finish the B and J, but how could I resist doing a monogram. The border was also supposed to be in the same color as the letters, but I liked the Red Pear contrast a bit more. I ended up stitching pieces of the border in four different colors before I decided to go with the pink.

It's time to take the dogs for a walk, then onto the shower and a possible trip to the LNS for some 32 count neutral fabby for the Fair & Square Exchange and maybe some stitching with the crew that hangs out there.

No comments: