This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Winter Reflections

Winter is my favorite season. I'm a snow monster. I grew up alpine ski racing, sledding and making snow forts. In high school I went to a school for ski racing and learned to speed skate. I now cross country ski, speed skate and snowshoe in the snow. I live in snow country. This makes it vary hard to cross stitch in the winter!

The other wonderful thing about winter is that so many people don't like it, so there are fewer social engagements to go to and it's so much more relaxed and introspective. I can still find some time to do my stitching between all of my snowy pursuits.

Yesterday I was able to wrap up the first frame in the sampler book I'm working on this year. I was thinking about doing it as an installment piece, but now I've decided not to worry about rigorous schedules and to work ahead if the mood takes me. I have no idea if I'll have time to. It is a nice portable project though.
I also have made a little bit of progress on the Autumnal Abstract. I thought I was going to get a lot more done in the fall and early winter, but events, and small projects, kept me away from the favorite stitching chair. I'm over halfway done with this one and just switched the frame over to I can reach everything on the right side of the project. I'm going to work on this on today exclusively - between skating and show shoeing :-).

No comments: