This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Monday, January 19, 2009

Day Off...

I have the day off of work today in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr's life's work. It's one of the few non-holy holidays in the US that promotes peace and caring. Now that I think of it, it may be the only one.

Calls are out around the nation for people to spend the day engaged in community activities. I'm a little bad in that I won't be doing that today. I don't feel too awful about it though because I visit nursing homes with my dog twice monthly and coach a kids sports team regularly, among all of my other charity activities. If you're not already volunteering on a regular basis, think about it - it's very rewarding and is so wonderful for the people who need help.

This morning I did some baking and then settled in to work a bit on my sampler book. I'm hoping to have a photo of my completed 'B" square up by the end of the day. It's very close to completion.

I also motivated to hang my framed Sunny Day Cat project that I got back from the framing shop on Friday. It looks great in my sun-shiny guest room.
I didn't put in any time on my Abstract this weekend. Between the skating meet (all day Saturday) and messing around the house on Sunday I just couldn't find the time. I'll be putting in some hours on it during the week though. It's so close to completion!

No comments: