This past weekend I headed to Canada for a vacation with some of my cycling friends. On the way up to Georgian Bay I was able to finish up the Letter I that has been dragging along for some time! I'm quite excited to have four letters done now. I think this alphabet project is going to be going on for some time. If I can finish one more this summer I'll be on pace to get them all done in five years.
The next letter is.... "Q".
I didn't get to finish off the Log Cabin yet. I got in about a 1/2 hour on it this morning. I'm down to the outer border of smyrna crosses and the beading. I shouldn't have a problem whomping that out tonight as soon as I get home!
I've had a lot of questions about that project. It's by Catherine Coleman. I found the pattern in Stitcher's World. Unfortunately, I don't have the issue number for that one. It was sometime after 1998 and before 2003. I think it might have been in 1999 or 2000. The pattern is available at Stitchers' Paradise. There is a photo of the completed project.
The Shadowdyed Velor that is used in the project is no longer made by the manufacturer, so another fiber will have to be substituted if you are planning to do the project.
So one more day of WIP cleanup and then I get back to St Petersburg alternating with the Autumnal Abstract! Too exciting :-)