This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

No Stitching Today, but Good News

I wasn't able to get any stitching in, but Ellie and I did pass the entrance test for Sunshine Friends Inc. . SFI does doggy visits at nursing homes, group homes and other long-term care facilities. Before Ellie and I become full members I'll have to go to the orientation meeting next week and then attend three nursing home visits under the supervision of a team leader. The first visit I will be dogless and the second two will be with Miss Pants (as she is otherwise known - which refers to attire not methods of breathing - I don't know why - it just is).

I was pretty psyched with our performance. My nerves were running a bit high because Ellie has a habit now of trying to jump up to say hi. But she was very good once her training collar went on. So she is starting to understand that there is stuff that is OK in the flat collar and stuff that is not OK in the slip collar. Yay.

I'm really looking forward to my first visit with her.

No comments: