This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Stitching Groups

Last Friday was the bi-monthly stitch-in at A Stitcher's Garden. I've been going for over a year now and have really enjoyed the company. I've also enjoyed seeing all of the other projects people are working on. A bonus is being able to get odds 'n' ends that I need without making an extra hour long round trip.

This past week there were a few new people. It was a rowdy bunch to say the least! I didn't get much work of my own done because my project apparently picked up the spirit of the Damned Lighthouse Project resulting in my threads constantly being tangled. I also realized that I had miscounted by one in the middle of the border and so I had to frog a good portion of my work. At least I had company while I did it.

Tomorrow will be the first meeting of the stitching group that I'm organizing. It's going to meet in my local town hall. I'm hoping there will be a number of attendees. I'm not limiting the group to cross stitch or needlepoint. I'm sure there will be a few quilters from the area. It will be good to know some more local people who are into crafts.

I've updated the WIPs slide show with all of the projects I'm currently working on. I'm hoping to bag a couple of them quickly so I can focus on the larger projects again.

NOTE: Apparently it takes about a day for the new photos in my account to show up in the associated slide show.

No comments: