This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Snowy Stitching Time

Last week there was a very cold snap that came through. We had temperatures that dropped to -25 degrees Farenheit. Since then it has warmed to the 40s yesterday. Now it has transitioned from rain to snow. As much as I love to be outside, and I have taken a few opportunities, it is also a great time to stitch.

I have made great progress on a couple of my projects in the last couple of weeks. In mid-January I had picked back up on my "Red Bird" and "Black and White" projects as shown in this post: Fast Forward a Year. And this is where I am at with each:


It feels good to make progress on these and feel more connected to my fabric and fiber loving self. I am looking forward to picking up on some of my longtime projects now that I have the space and some time for stitching.

In addition to the stitching, I also repainted a bathroom. Here are the before and after pictures:


I am so excited about my pink bathroom. It is a bright raspberry color and really brightens up this tiny space. It will look fantastic once we get the decorations and shelving up. We are hoping to expand the shower this summer, but I just couldn't wait to get rid of the tan from the previous owners. 

I also found some time to make a display board for my quilting so I can visualize the quilts as I make them. It looks amazing in the room:

So big happenings here... and looking forward to more!

No comments: