This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Red Birds Everywhere

 When my dad died my Aunt Kathy said he became a cardinal...the bird, not the religious figure. She says grandma and grandpa are also birds. So whenever I see a cardinal I say hello to dad. I see cardinals all over in our yard. I love it because they are such fun and showy birds.

I found the Red Bird pattern not long after dad died and decided it would be a nice project as a little rememberance. I'm not super sentimental, but hey I only got one dad and he was pretty good. Today I finished the project and added a button embellishment I found:

Hi dad.

I was planning on also fixing a project that Oreo the Destroyer (the tuxedo cat) decided to use for a stretch. I took it apart but realized I would likely need a little more thread for the repairs so decided to start a sister project to I could use the leftovers for the fix. So today I started Moonstruck:
Jon thinks this is the neatest thing because of the beads in it. He was thinking it was going to be slow stitching because of that. No, man, I'm a pro! :-D

Not much else going on here. Just the usual boring winter stuff: trying to get done with indoor projects, getting outside on warmer days, watching the dogs eat the cake I just baked...you know, the usual.

Time to get back to stitching!


No comments: