This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Monday, May 4, 2020

Quarantine is a Good Excuse to Craft

Well, word is we are all supposed to be home, but I am an essential worker so there has been little change in my schedule. However, my home time is my own time now...I'm not getting calls at random times from people who need my immediate attention for an important matter. SO....time to get some stitching and quilting done!

I finished a couple more quilts.

For my Aunt Kathy, a quilt to commemorate my dad:

There is a white applique patch on the quilt to represent the hole he left in our lives.

Then I finished a quilt for my friend Margie:
The backing on this one is amazing, but it isn't back from my longarm quilting person yet.

And I did a little quilt top that will be for my bay window:
I am really happy with how this came out. I just played with some left over fabric and BOOM it popped out.

And another quilt which I need to get to the longarm for assembly:
I think that is enough quilting for a little bit however. Other than just a couple of little bits to finish, I think I will give it a month or so.

I also have been stitching a some...
This one is Fun and Fancy Free by Summer House Stitche Workes. I am hoping to finish this up by the end of the month. I also have been working on my perpetual calendar in bits. I don't have photos currently, but have finished all of January and most of February. And...am a good way into my letter "G" for Black and White. And of course there was the series of purchases that I probably didn't need to make from Satsuma Street. I really love the bright colors this designer uses! I can't wait to get one of these done, along with all of the other charts I have laying about!

Enjoy the spring weather :-).

No comments: