This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Monday, December 9, 2019

Quilts and Crosses

It has been a busy couple of months finishing up my first semseter of nurse practitioner school, taking care of the winter house prep, and working on my crafts. I have had a lot of great things going on. Sometimes it is hard to see through the stress, but being able to write something like this reminds me that there is a lot of enjoyment between the difficult moments.

This week I finished my first large quilt which I put together from beginning to end. I learned so much while I was doing it. Now I'm looking forward to the next one!!
This picture doesn't include the binding, but that is done. It is black. I am looking forward to snuggling underneath it with a bood book over the holidays.

I also got back my Snail Trail quilt. This one went out to a long arm quilter for finishing because I am still trying to figure out free motion quilting and I wasn't ready to mess the one that goes on my bed up that much!
I am so excited about how it came out. It is really special going to bed every night under a quilt I made.

I did start the new quilt. This is the fabric selection I am using:
It is Boundless Rhapsody Prints Awaken. I have cut all the pieces, but will hold off on posting that so the final layout is more of a surprise.

I started the next letter for the Black & White project. The letter... "G". There isn't much to it, but here it is:

I also was able to get a bunch done on the Fun and Fancy Free project by Summer House Stitche Workes during the stitching day this past weekend. We had about 14 people show up. My friend Mindy arranged it and Gail helped put it together. First the group pic:
And of course, people brought delightful food:
And this is where the project is at currently:
It was so wonderful getting together with my stitching friends, meeting a few new people, sharing tiips and just enjoying the sunshine through the windows. We met at a new crafting space called Make and More which is just getting started...what a great idea this place is!! The owner bought an old church and had it renovated to allow crafting groups a place to gather and do the things that make us so happy. Brilliant!

So now the day is coming to an end. Time to study for my last exam while stitching. Yes!

No comments: