This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Saturday, June 20, 2009

For the Birds

After finishing the Letter T last week I spent some time working on a few of the little projects I have poking around the house. I couldn't get into any of them, so I decided what the heck - start another. But I didn't want to have another stinkin' project sitting around in my pile. Instead I decided to compromise and start a new project on an old project.

I've been meaning to get back to my Birds of Paradise two-fer project and found it when I was "cleaning" my stash over the weekend. I set it up and got started last Sunday. This is what I have done after a week of dinking around...
I'm thrilled to have one block of color finished. I'm planning to get the leaves around the bottom finished up this week. I like this project because there are color changes, but I can work in decently sized blocks if I get sick of dealing with confetti stitches. I can't wait to see this piece finished. If I'm super fast (yeah right!) I might be able to have it done for the fair.

I also decided to finish off a couple of little motifs from the Autumnal Abstract to make into accents for the bag I assembled recently. I am hoping to enter this one in the fair. I hope my nasty sewing skills don't hurt it in the competition ;-)

No comments: