After finishing the Letter T last week I spent some time working on a few of the little projects I have poking around the house. I couldn't get into any of them, so I decided what the heck - start another. But I didn't want to have another stinkin' project sitting around in my pile. Instead I decided to compromise and start a new project on an old project.
I've been meaning to get back to my Birds of Paradise two-fer project and found it when I was "cleaning" my stash over the weekend. I set it up and got started last Sunday. This is what I have done after a week of dinking around...
I'm thrilled to have one block of color finished. I'm planning to get the leaves around the bottom finished up this week. I like this project because there are color changes, but I can work in decently sized blocks if I get sick of dealing with confetti stitches. I can't wait to see this piece finished. If I'm super fast (yeah right!) I might be able to have it done for the fair.
I also decided to finish off a couple of little motifs from the Autumnal Abstract to make into accents for the bag I assembled recently. I am hoping to enter this one in the fair. I hope my nasty sewing skills don't hurt it in the competition ;-)
This work is licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.