This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Something Long Awaited and a Trip to the Shop

Surprisingly I have been stitching more consistently lately! I have made good progress on my delightful "orange piece" and am quite happy with that. My furniture, which might have been eaten a bit by the dogs in March...
...was returned newly reupholstered...
...and I was cleaning the craft storage area a bit and found about 18 unfinished projects. I guess I have more to do!

Meanwhile, I recently (finally) had some shoulder surgery so I thought I was going to be knocked out of stitching again. So sad. But it turns out that, since it was my right arm, I can hold a piece or use a frame and just go ahead and stitch with my left arm...YAY!! So I have been able to use my recovery time to relax a little and enjoy myself. Not that my time hasn't been filled with all those things one puts off while they're working (doctor appointments, minor chores, sleep, etc.). But I have been able to find a little time to work on one of my newly rediscovered WIPs...
I can't drive anywhere so I have to sucker friends into taking me places. Fortunately, I recently discovered my friend Anna, who has been my chief chauffer, is a stitcher. Again...YAY! Tuesday this delightful human took me an hour to Utica and as a reward I took her to the quilting shop Calico Gals. She found some great stash and I found a sewing machine that I need to replace my previous one. I am excited to be picking it up in a couple of days!

Today I needed to go to a couple of doctor appointments, so again Anna volunteered to take me around (I really, really appreciate her). So today I introduced her to A Stitcher's Garden. After she cleaned house there I am wondering if her husband is going to start asking a few more questions before we go on trips together in the future. I would like to note that Matt (her husband) is a longtime friend of mine and, frankly, I question his judgement as a result of this :-D. 

Of course, I did not leave empty handed from the shop. I picked up a few new patterns and also a delightful scissor fob:
 All Through the Night's "Blackbirds"
 Heartstring Samplery's "Once Upon a Summer Huswife"
 Rosewood Manor's "Swirling Flowers"
Rosewood Manor's "Two Blue Birds"
What a fun trip! While I was there I was able to catch up with one of my friends from the annual stitching retreat. Buuuuuut, I think that I shall now avoid the stitching shop for another six months or so!

Hopefully I am able to get most of my errands done this week so I can continue to concentrate on healing...and stitching!

No comments: