This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Monday, August 27, 2018

Some Finishes and A New Purchase

I freaking finished something!! So excited!

I was sitting at my friend's booth (Chickadee Homestead) at the NYS Fair all weekend and what else is there to do but stitch and chat??!! So I was able to apply the finishing touches to my "Wicked Doll" project from the 2017 A Stitcher's Garden stitching retreat...
Pretty much I applied the edging and hanger. I love how it takes 2 years to get to such things. I think the work maybe took 45 minutes?

I also spent a lot of time working on my "Yei" project which was a gift from my mum when she went to (I think) the Grand Canyon. It is a simple yet delightful project. I decided to just stitch it on the Aida it came with rather than switching to linen since it's a full coverage project. I haven't decided how I will be finishing it, maybe a pillow or a wall hanging. It might live in my box of completed projects for a while waiting to tell me it needs to live in someone's home.

Oddly, I had a project along with me as an extra little "well if I finish everything else I will work on this" and it turns out it was already done but never posted. It's an adorable cat. I think it shall become a pin cushion...
I found some delightful fabric for backing. I think I would rather use my new machine to sew it together than to hand sew it, so finishing will have to wait until I can use my arm to a greater extent. My surgical site is healing well, but 4 more weeks of passive range-of-motion, so no machine sewing, only holding. This is a sad turn of events because I just picked up a brand new sewing machine!!! It's the Baby Lock "Jane". I was able to get the floor model from my local quilting shop (Calico Gals) because they are bringing in newer models. This was a huge stroke of luck because there is no way I would have been able to afford this delightful industrial-strength machine otherwise. Now I can sew quilts, cross stitch finishes and CAMPING GEAR!!!

Menawhile, I have a pile of found WIPs to keep mye busy for the rest of the week... do I go back to my orange project? Season of the Trees? Black & White? It's going to be a difficult decision. I do so hope I am able to finish a few more in the next few weeks!

No comments: