This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Slow July

Yesterday I received my entry tags for the projects I'm going to put into the NY State Fair this year. I'm not sure how I'll do; I've never entered any of my stitching projects. But after getting second place in the Silkweaver Showcase this past year I figured I'd give it a shot. This competition judges on techniques as well as look. I'd really like to get some good comments back either way - it's so hard to get a feel for how my technique is so I can make improvements.

This has been a slow month for me and stitching. I think I needed a break due to the high volume of work I've been doing. I also have had more commitments this month than usual.

I've started working on my next exchange project that is due on the 11th of Aug. I'm hoping to have that done today so I can get started on the July Quaker Square. I'm concerned that I won't be able to finish that by the end of the month because of doggy classes. After I get some 'puter stuff dome this morning I'm planning to devote the rest of the day to my stitching and a bike ride.

I'm thinking I should ramp down a little in July and August to give myself a good mental break. I have some reading to catch up on!

2 comments:

Shadowspun said...

Good luck at the fair. I don't have the guts for this yet.

Jenn Entropy said...

thanks :-). I'm not sure how the fair thing will go. My friend talked me into it when I talked her into entering her baskets. I'm sure she'll get something - her baskets are incredible!!