This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Finishes Abound

They're all little finishes, but they're done :-). The first is a scarf the I designed - my first ever knitting design. Miss Thunder is modelling it. It's a double cable using roving...
And then I finished a little doodad I got from last year's stitching retreat. I was cleaning my crafts area and decided it was easier to just stitch it up rather than finding a place to store it...
And then I motivated to finish the stitching retreat sampler from last year the night before this year's retreat...
And of course the name tag for this year's retreat...
Currently I'm working on a gift for a friend - so I'm not going to post a photo of that.

This past weekend was the stitching retreat. It was a blast. Teresa Layman and Gretchen came again this year. Teresa gave a great presentation on the history and making of lace. We had a really nifty project from her that combined a number of different techniques. Here's the photo of it before:
And here are the photos of it after:
It was a ton of fun working on it. Now that the retreat is over I'm already wishing it was next year's retreat. What a blast we have!!! As usual I got a ton of things (you can see the charts on my pattern stash page. I won a couple of prizes, including one of the two gift baskets. Mine was a beach basket with a towel, flipflops, a cheesy romance novel, sunscreen (score!), chex mix, a can of iced tea and a spritzer bottle. The basket is gorgeous - I have a band that I'd like to stitch up for it. Oooh ton's of projects to work on. I better get to work!

No comments: