This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Thursday, March 7, 2024

Sew Busy!

 The last three weeks have been great for me and stitching. I made the decision to work less overtime so I can have more time at home. I miss the money, but I was too tired and stressed. So with all that time I made things!!

I worked for a bit on the jelly fish project from the Mill Hill Marine Life Series for a bit. I decided to take a break from it so I could work on my Perpetual Calendar. It is so easy to start working on little projects that are super satisfying to finish and forget to take time to progress on the larger projects. I am almost finished with June and am hoping to start July within the week!


I have also been spending some time working on the Bramble and the Rose, but do not have an update photo on that. 

Meanwhile, I have been trying to get up to my sewing room every couple of days to work on some large projects I have going on. I was able to finish my Tradewinds quilt a couple of days ago.
Today I finished the last of the quilt blocks for the Nebula quilt pattern. I have some of the background cut. I'm hoping to cut the rest of that tomorrow so I can assemble the quilt top in the near future. Here are the ones I finished since the last update.


I also have been sticking to my Gravity Quilt stitch along and finished the 3rd month's blocks today as well. Here are the blocks I have completed so far.



I'm working on a challenge project for the Milk and Honey Quild Guild which requires me to make a quild no larger than 28 inches square using 4 colors, 2 of which are provided to me. So far I have designed the quilt and selected the additional 2 fabrics. I am hoping to start cutting the project very soon. I think it needs to be completed by May. No spoilers though!

In addition to the sewing today, I got a little excited and painted the pantries in my kitchen. It looks so much better! Before and After...


I'm looking forward to sitting on the couch soon to do some cross stitch. It was a busy day to be sure!

No comments: