This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Friday, March 22, 2024

Fresh Arrivals and a Few Finishes

With the onset of spring there is a fresh energy in the house and some weather upheaval that prevents outdoor recreating fairly often. I have been antsy and wanting to get a number of outdoor projects completed. The other day I was cutting down volunteer trees from beneath my pines while being sleeted on. It was acually fairly comfortable because I was getting so warm from the effort. But overall, the weather is making for some good indoor stitching time.

The Nashville show patterns are hitting the shops and everyone is sending out emails with their new arrivals and sales. Oh my the temptaions. And I succumbed. I ended up buying a cute cat and dog pattern and then had a sweet little bonus added in from Dirty Annie's. I'm not even sure if they are new this year. I just ended up going down a clicking rabbit hole. I'm not sad at all. I also have a few more patters on the way from Thistles. I love both of these designers! Here are the new patterns I received:

Meanwhile, on the dog theme, I whomped together a small that I have had laying around for a while. It was a sweet little afternoon project from Rovaris. I changed up the colors to use what I had laying about and to make it look a bit more like a bloodhound. Overall I'm pretty happy with the result.

A few days later I finished up the last of the June pieces from the perpetual calendar project. I have the July materials ready to go, but I think I want to wrap up a couple more WIPs that I have going on. There is a growing pile of projects sitting next to me and it is starting to infringe on my personal space!
Halfway done with the calendar! It should only be a few more years before I finish.

Then I decided to wrap up the last of the Mill Hill Marine Life Series with the completion of the Jelly Fish. I'm going to wait to frame everything until I finish Ocean Song so I can put all 5 together.


Overall it has been a good couple of weeks for stitching. Sadly a huge snowstorm is coming through which would be perfect for stitching, but I will be at work instead. For shame! 


No comments: