This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Two Steps Forward...

I think my new motto will be "two steps forward, stand your ground till the nonsense passes, keep going". It's been a good year so far. I passed the first of my three certification exams for my Wound, Ostomy and Continence certification (CWOCN). I am really enjoying the work I do and have learned so much in almost a year of this. I decided to go back to school part-time in the fall to work towards a Nurse Practitioner license. I am starting the process of getting a few things fixed around my new house. I have been able to even take time to relax and work on some projects.

My quilting journey is definitely enjoyable, but I am still making time to cross stitch. Sadly, no photos since the lion (which Matt enjoyed as a late Xmas gift). I have made significant progress on my Letter R for the Black and White art deco project (which is nowhere near black and white) and on my Thy Needle project. Hopefully I will have a new pic to post in the near future of a stitching finish.

I went out to another stitching night at A Stitcher's Garden and had a great time. I even stopped by yesterday for a few hour to stitch with Gail, Sue, and Jan. Maybe I should study?

This morning I finished the quilt top for the project I'm working on for my bed. I started preparing the sandwich, but don't really have anywhere in the house big enough to lay it out for pin basting. So I pinned around a middle block and will do my usual method of winging it with things like this. I'm sure it will come out just fine. I gave myself plenty of room and just need to pace myself...but not this week since the next exam is Wednesday. Here is the photo of the quilt top...
The photo does not do the colors justice. The fabric in the upper left corner of the photo is the back of the backing. It is so shiny and gorgeous. I think I will be using teal thread for the quilting so it will show on the white. I haven't quite decided yet.

In the meantime, time to take another two steps by studing a bit more for my exam.

All the best!