This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Little Fishees and Thy Needle

The last few weeks have been quite busy. It seems that everyone I speak with feels like they are in over their head with tasks. Likely it is in part due to the early season winter storms that came through. I thought I was prepared for winter; I had brought everything in, emptied my exterior water pipes, and even gotten all of my snow gear out. However, living in a town house for 6 years and an apparent for 2 years before that made me forget one important item: no one would be coming to clear my driveway! So it snowed and I woke up to 8 inches and got my shovel and went out to clear my driveway...and remembered that I just had shoulder surgery and can't shovel. Surprise! Of course this was the day before I was scheduled to have my snow tires swapped in.

I muddled through thanks to a delightful neighbor who brough his snow blower over and then pushed my car out of the driveway. I ordered a snow blower which I assembled today (40 degrees and rainy for that). I even ordered some snow melt. Good for me.

Despite all of the busy between work and the catch-up winter prep (the snow really was gorgeous and so much less mud in my house), I still was able to get in a bit of stitching.

Over last weekend I finished another mini project (even though I said I wasn't going to do another). It ended up going to a co-worker for her son's room:
I also spent most of that weekend learning how to assemble a quilt from the tops I made about 2 years ago:


The Christmas one is now hanging from my stairwell:
It turns out that I am maybe not so awesome at quilting yet. I plan to get better, but don't yet know when I will be able to budget some time to work on that. I have some exams I probably should get around to studying for first.

During the week I tried to make a little time to stitch and was able to get some work done on my Thy Needle project:
Currently I'm taking a quick break from it all to work on a jigsaw puzzle and enjoy the sun through the window.

Happy stitching!

No comments: