This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Fun Mini Finish and a Field Trip

This week was a little more settled than last week. It was a welcome break! I was able to do some work on my Thy Needle WIP (sorry, no photo yet). I also made a little ornament on some perforated paper I found:
I discovered working on silver performated paper rates with stabbing yourself in the eye with a spoon. The reflection off the paper was difficult to work with using indorr lighting. This might have been better made during the summer on a lovely 75 degree day while sitting under a tree in the shade. But now I am wiser...and have a cute little ornament. I decided not to finish the back of it so the lights from my tree would twinkle through the holes. It looks fantastic up. I do suggest using the perforated paper for ornaments because finishing is as easy as trimming the edges, but again not with strong indoor lighting on reflective paper.

I also got around to purchasing a hardanger pattern that looks amazing (Winter Wonderland) and retrieved the 3rd in the Summer House Stitche Workes Fun and Fancy Free series from my local shop:
Also, I assembled a puzzle (which you can see in the background above). 

I even found some time to go to A Stitcher's Garden bi-monthly stitch in last night! It was great seeing everyone and enjoying some odd and interesting conversation while stitching the night away!

Today is a cleaning and studying day, but I will hopefully be working a bit on stitching tomorrow :-D.

No comments: