This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Stash.. A HAHAHAHA!

OK I have a problem. I admit it. But I'm happy with it. I bought more stash. I need to stay the hell away from the store and just work some of this stuff. I need to be left in a small room for long periods of time with a TV or radio so I can stitch. I need to quit my job so I can stitch (ok maybe I don't need to do that).

I got a few Erica Michaels patterns because there was a trunk show. They's silk gauze projects. I've never done one, but I can't imaging it's all that difficult. it's just 1/2 stitches on 40 ct. I've done that before. My only problem with it is coming up with my method for holding the project while I work on it. I could use the mat board method where one cuts a little window out of the mat board and mounts the gauze on it. But that seems like a lot of work. Or I could sew the gauze to some fabric and use my usual stitching frame. But that seems like a lot of work. So I have to sit around and think (while I stitch) of some simple, lazy way of holding the gauze. I think that "in hand" stitching of this might not work so well. But I have to think about it.

I also now have my mom's copy of 'Son of "Chickens?!"'. I'm not sure if/when I'm going to stitch this one. But hey, it's more stuff just in case of a stitching emergency.

I also finally listed the new fabrics I got from my fabric of the month club in my inventory. I have another on the way. Come to think of it, I should run over to the post office to see if the next one came in. You know, since I'm updating everything today and all.

And just to be complete, I should report on my stitching progress. I'm sooo close to finishing the pledge of allegiance project. I only have one more line at the bottom to do and the date. I've also been working on my Amish game board a little here and there. I'm planning to do a little more work tonight. I'm also hoping to start working on my Nova project again. It was making faces at me this morning.

No comments: