This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

A Finish and a New Kit!

 As usual it is busier around here than I was thinking it would be. I seem to include basic needs in my time buget plan! I did take time to do some stitching and sewing this week. I completed a tote bag for a friend - and forgot to get a picture! No worries though since I have 2 others pre-cut with the same fabric.

I have been working on the Mill Hill Aurora Borealis kit for the last couple weeks. Today was competion day! I'm excited to see what it looks like in the dark because it has glow-in-the-dark beads. Ooooo.

I haven't decided yet how I will frame it. I'm trying to think of new ways to display my stitching because framing is just so expensive. We might start making our own frames here. It is easy enough to cut some molding and then I can paint it. Especially for these little project stitched on the paper it should be easy and attractive to make our own.

While I was stitching the Aurora Borealis my dog flipped the bead container and I ended up running short of the 02098 pine colored beads. Crisis! So I just _had_ to order the Grasshopper Pie pattern from Glendon Place as a kit since it happens to have those beads. Yesterday the kit arrived! I am so thrilled to have this goegeous project. Of course, when to stitch it? I have so many that I want to do. What a terrible conundrum to have! I received the kit from WickedWips ETSY shop and couldn't be happier with the service. I recommend purchasing from her if you have the chance.




No comments: