This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Friday, September 23, 2011

Serenity

It's been a great couple of months for me. My pup is getting older and more responsible and is a joy to live with. We've been taking and teaching a lot of doggy classes. The kitten is also growing up and makes a great companion for the pup. I have been enjoying taking karate lessons and will be testing up to yellow belt very soon. I'm hoping to move up to orange by the new year.

Between all of this stuff I've even been able to get a decent amount of stitching in. I've been working on a couple of large projects, a medium project and a small one. So I'll post from small to large :-).

For a thank you gift, I've been working on First Bass from Ink Circles. It's a lovely little project. I also have the other two pieces in the series, but I don't know if/when I might get to them. I'm almost finished...

I've also been working on a knot work project from Theresa Layman Designs. One of my favorite things is color and this one fits the bill with bright rainbow colors. It's Polychrome Palooza. I've finished the needle book cover and the scissor fob. I just need to finish the scissors case...

Every so often I feel like doing something light. I found a great pattern, "Merry and Bright", to stitch for Christmas. It's so Jetsons! I love it. I can't remember the designer right now (EDIT: Monsterbubbles), but I'm sure I'll post that information in the future...
Finally, I'm closing in on the last part of my year long project. I always think I'm going to get done fast than I do, but then when I finish I think to myself "well that really didn't take all that long". Interesting how time warps and twists. Maybe I'll finish this by the end of the month, maybe by the end of the year, who know!

I signed up the the annual A Stitchers Garden retreat. I'm really looking forward to March and my weekend of stitching, chatting and spending money I don't have on STASH! Now I just need to wrap up my outstanding projects and design my name tag so I'll be ready for the big event!

No comments: