This work is licensed

under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Please link to my blog if you make derivatives of or reference any of my work.

Creative Commons License

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Spring Stitching and Sewing

 I've been very busy over the last month. I started visiting school and nursing homes with Miss Doss, participated in a dog seminar, worked and have been dealing with car issues. But I have really tried to find time to stitch and sew.

I have been making really good progress on the block of the month club for the Gravity Quilt. I am enjoying this and would like to try it with another set of fabrics.


I have 3 more months of blocks to go and am working on cutting the background so I can start assembling it in the next month or so.

I have also been working on a block of the month with the Milk and Honey Quilt Guild through Kristin Laura Designs. This one is a more traditional quilt, but I opted to use the tilted tiles effect to make it look a bit more modern.



I also made a valance for my bedroom using a table runner pattern. I really like this. I am hoping to make some curtains for our TV room as I learn more about how to sew for more than just quilting.
I have been working on a few cross stitches and have made some great progress with a couple finishes!



And I even framed a few things thos morning so they wouldn't just be sitting in the finishes pile.

Of course I also bought stuff I don't need.

I have fabric on the way - which I also don't need but it looks so gorgeous so I just -had- to.

I am so happy with my sewing and stitching spaces in our house. Now that we are settling in more and finding how we use the rooms and how the light moves through them I am so glad to have happy spots to enjoy my hobby with, and sometimes away from, my dogs and cats.

Happy stitching!


No comments: